Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hip Hop Let Me Down



I never thought I would see the day that I would dislike a song by T.I. Well today was that day. I came across the single "Jewels & Drugs" by Lady GaGa featuring T.I., Too Short and Twista. I must say that I truely dislike this track. This is a collaboration that just doesn't work for me. For one, It sounds as if Lady GaGa is in concert and even mentions that T.I. wasn't allowed in the country. Secondly, it sounds like a poor attempt at Lady GaGa trying to gain a different group of fans. I know many may not agree with me, but these three rappers are too talented to be on this song. It sounds horrible. T.I. mentioned in the past how he was adamant about working with Taylor Swift because of how it would make him look, well TIP, don't do this again and if you decide to work with her on another song, please don't release a part live/part studio recorded version again.



I am not sure if the goal was to see how many rappers with the letter T she could put on one album or if she was trying to pull of a Rhianna move but this was just depressing. I will include a link to the song, but don't kill the messenger. I am curious to see how many of my viewers actually like this track. This wasn't my original plan for today's blog but sadly, sh** like this happens. I mean seriously, how can you perform a song featuring the KING without the KING present? Sorry, I adore T.I., but even I give him a few strikes from the cool pool for this one.



So what do you think? Did they pull it off or is it another Lady GaGa flop?

Signing out---- Misses S.A.M


No comments:

Post a Comment