Thursday, September 26, 2013

#23 - Mike Will Made It Ft. Wiz Khalifa, Miley Cyrus and Juicy J



I am trying to figure out what is all the hype with this track? Does anyone else besides me not recognize that this is just a modern version of Nelly's "Stepped on My J's"? Yes the beat is on point, but the rest is lame to me. I love Wiz Khalifa to death, but even his verse was sub-par. I understand that right now there is this big "Miley Cyrus" express yourself movement, but I'm sorry, I rather hear Nelly's version than this bogus attempt to re-create it. I mean listen to the lyrics and watch the video..... the setting is in a high school bathroom, hallway, and gym yet the chorus is, "high on purp, in the club, mini-skirt with some J's on"............... 


If it wasn't for the production of this track, the beat itself, then I don't think the song would have even been noticed, but for people, especially these young women to claim that "Miley is killing the game", lol.....Jesus what do we have to look forward to in hip hop? But then again, maybe the only hype surrounding this mess is the FaceBook fans. I don't care that Miley is leaving little to the imagination, she's grown, she claims she is doing exactly what she wants, so let her do her, but instead of promoting "smoking purp" in a high school bathroom, why not shoot the video in a club scene, since you are talking about being in a club? Or do you want to know the true message behind this song? Who do you think this video is made for? Those of us adults that are of age and able go to clubs and dress like hoes and not think twice about it or is the target the younger generation? 




This video is all types of wrong and again, the song itself is just a remake of a track that was appropriate for it's setting. Look at the differences between Mike Will Made It's "23" and Nelly's "Stepped on My J's" .... All I'm saying, I'm pretty sure that's not how Michael Jordan hoped his jersey would be used after retirement, ya know? 









Now this is just my opinion and my personal rant and I feel that music is rapidly declining. I just want someone to stand up and make music and music videos that makes sense now days. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything doesn't have to promote sex, drugs, alcohol and violence..... Til next time, this is Misses S.A.M. signing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment