Saturday, September 7, 2013

OKLAHOMA'S OWN: T-MAJOR - ARTIST OF THE WEEK

Photo courtesy of T-Major & I.M.E (It's Major Entertainment)
I vowed to make a weekly feature dedicated to the up and coming artists from Oklahoma. This week my feature focuses on 28 year young, T-Major, an Oklahoma City native who many call a triple threat artist. T-Major not only raps, he also sings and dances. If you are from Oklahoma and familiar with the infamous "dance cliques/clicks", you should remember T-Major as a member of one of the most widely known and ever popular, Sex Mobb (Sex Whaattttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!). Sex Mobb not only performed locally during talent shows and dance battles, but the group also toured to different cities, opening for artists, such as J-Shin, Tyrese and Ginuwine. T-Major recalls performing at Jam Fest alongside his Sex Mobb family and states, that is where his love for the spotlight came from. I personally remember attending many battles and while my closest friends and family were apart of competing dance cliques, I vividly remember Sex Mobb being one of the most successful of them all.

T-Major states that while he has only been in the music game about 3 years now, he grew up singing in his church choir and started writing songs about his life shortly after turning 20. He gives credit to the studio as being a second home to him, in which he started working on singles of his own and mixtapes with his friends. Quoting great artists such as Michael Jackson, Ronald Isley and R.Kelly as his musical inspirations, T-Major also gives props to Chamillionaire for giving him an inspiration to do music. Giving them this recognition for their abilities to capture their audiences attention by relating to them on a deeper level. T-Major is one artist that you can see is very humble, but with an inspiration such as Michael Jackson, that comes as no surprise.


In addition to being a rapper/singer/dancer, T-Major is the C.E.O. of I.M.E short for It's Major Entertainment. T-Major describes I.M.E. as a label that "consists of 5 highly motivated individuals who works hard and does a Major job at it." I rap and sing, but the team involves several artist known as Doedi Dizzle, K Lotto, Money Folks, Mr.Herrod, Mank Stone, and G Duke Stone. They're all rap artist doing whatever it takes to get to the top and make a name for themselves as well as I.M.E.

Unlike many of the mainstream self made C.E.O's, whenever you see T-Major on a track, you are sure to see other I.M.E. artists as well. When asked if there was a track T-Major would like to submit along with this feature he could have easily suggested one that focused on him, however he chose a single that features other known Oklahoma City artists as well. For this feature however I am posting the video to T-Major's "Super Star Anthem", further down you will find a link to the "Super Star Anthem-Remix".

When asked who he would compare himself to musically that is topping the charts in the game right now, T-Major relates himself to Drake and R.Kelly and being that both of the artists have given acting a shot, the similarities are understandable. For his future, T-Major doesn't count out acting as a skill to add his track record. However, his main goal is to become a independent entertainment label through a distribution deal and it is openly evident in his music where he hails from and as he states, "as far as my hometown I'll never forget where I came from and I'm apart of O City so it'll be on the map automatically."

I asked T-Major his opinion on beef between local artists, and being a member of Sex Mobb, who seen their share of beefs between dance cliques as well, in a big but small city like Oklahoma City, it's easy to come across jealousy and hate. T-Major's view however, "For one no local artist should have any beef due to the fact that it will not do either of the artist any good, just a bad reputation for the both of them. Who wants to do business with someone who has a bad name in this game." In a industry that has seen the drama unfold between rap greats, Tupac and Notorious B.I.G, Nas and Jay Z and 50 Cent & Ja Rule, it is refreshing to see someone that understands, success doesn't have to come with drama.


                                     T-Major - SUPER STAR ANTHEM (OFFICAL VIDEO)

I am very appreciative to have the chance to feature an artist such as T-Major on my blog. He's a talented individual that is making a way for himself as well as others while remaining humble and true to his roots. I look forward to seeing what the future holds in store for the entire I.M.E. camp and I encourage you to take the time to check them out as well. In closing, I leave you with T-Major's advice for others looking to get a start in the music industry, "Don’t jump into the industry, become your own individual artist who is independent and an entrepreneur. You'll go further doing what you truly want to do, and not what somebody wants you do. Think bigger than big, think MAJOR."

I.M.E. website - http://www.itsmajorent.com/
T-Major FaceBook -https://www.facebook.com/tmajorakathefuture?hc_location=stream
T-Major Twitter - https://twitter.com/TMajorOkc
YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUuc5DGCMtNS0vxk4OO8__g


Until next week, I'm ya girl Misses S.A.M and I'm signing out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment